Advanced Installer For Java is a Windows Installer authoring tool with built-in support for Java applications, integrating them fully into the Windows OS and making them look and feel just like a native application. Advanced Installer for Java runs on Windows 2000/XP, and the install packages it creates run on all Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP operating systems.
Using the standard Windows Installer technology, Advanced Installer For Java is able to provide the best Windows integration for your Java applications. It ensures the smallest possible footprint by producing zero-overhead install packages which contain only native Windows Installer data with no additional runtime requirements. Advanced Installer also provides a native launcher for your Java applications. Through this launcher your users will see and use your Java programs just like regular Windows native executables. The native launcher provides a fast and friendly start up process for your Java applications.
Advanced Installer For Java is built on standard, open formats. The project files are saved as XML files for easy integration with source control systems. Advanced Installer is FREE for the simplest, most common usages. If additional capabilities are needed, they are available at some of the lowest prices in the industry.
What's new in this version:
- Autorun should not run the installation if the application is already installed
- JRE bundle folder removal was not deleting everything
- Updater showing "Download Complete" in the tray even when an error occurred
- Exception when pressing Shift+F4 while "Product" is selected in "Organization" page
- Corrected updater German translation
- User groups not recognized on systems with languages other than English
- Bootst... See all new features »