CNET Editors' reviewThis program provides most necessary features for creating basic screensavers, although it can be baffling when explored alone. We'd really suggest using one of the multiple wizards to create a slide show with Active Screensaver Builder, as trying to manually build one proves to be a rather complex affair. After choosing your images, you can set their positionings onscreen and choose from a large library of transition effects. If you want to add video and audio files to your project, make sure to check the Media box in the wizard. You can add captions to any slide, but you can't change the background color of your screensaver or tweak your images. When you're happy with your creation, the program can save it as an SCR or EXE file, though you won't find high-end features such as the ability to add user-license agreements. Though the program doesn't meet professional needs, Active Screensaver Builder can help patient amateurs build attractive slide shows.
This program allows you to use images, text, and multimedia in screensavers. It features image-transition effects, scripting languages, and two wizards. To use this one-step screensaver, you just have to select a folder with the images you want and a template, and the program will do the rest. A screensaver becomes Web-enabled when you assign a hot key that automatically opens your browser with a selected URL upon exiting the screensaver.
Version 4.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, Web si...
- Enable sound effects playback designed for theatre applications...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Create a slideshow screensaver out of your favorite images.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Simulate a configurable fireworks display on your desktop.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Enjoy a doggy screensaver with a slideshow and transition effec...
- Discourage others from touching your computer with this 3D scre...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Create multilingual professional screensavers.
- Create your own screensavers with visual, audio, and transition...
- Make a screensaver using your own photos and images.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Enjoy the lover's holiday environment on your desktop.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Enliven your screen with animation.
- Make your screen cuter with kitties.
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Create your own slide shows from pictures and sounds on your co...
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Horrible, unstable, joke of a product"
Version: Active Screensaver Builder 4.6
Full of cons, I tried placing about 50/60 photos in and it crashed during the making of the sequences. I then tried with 15 pictures, it crashed, tried it with 10 and it worked. This thing is horrible, unstable, and wouldn't be good even if it was FREE!