CNET Editors' review
Although all you really need for Bible study is a copy of the Bible, having some extra tools can help you get the most out of the scriptures. ActionBible is an easy-to-use program that can help you quickly locate desired passages, keep track of what you've done, and record your ideas and questions. We think this would be a great tool for clergy, laypeople, and anyone else with a desire to delve into the Bible.
ActionBible has a plain and intuitive layout, and it's quite easy to get started with it. A pane on the left side contains a collapsible list of the books of the Bible; expanding each book displays a list of chapters. The main pane in the center of the screen displays the content of each chapter. To the right, there are tools for searching the entire Bible, the currently selected book, the Old Testament, and the New Testament, as well as an extremely useful feature that lets users automatically copy a selected verse in a variety of formats and paste it wherever they like. ActionBible also has tools for creating bookmarks, notes, and daily journal entries, and users can also create specific topics and then add scriptures to them for easy retrieval later. The program even lets users set reminders that will appear at a certain specified time. ActionBible uses the English Standard Version of the Bible, and although the built-in Help file states that other versions are available for download on the publisher's Web site, a visit to the site reveals that additional versions are still "coming soon." Even with this limitation, though, we think that ActionBible is a great choice for users who want some electronic help with their Bible study without a steep learning curve.
ActionBible comes as a ZIP file. It installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal.
From SD Software:
ActionBible is a free, fast, and seriously useful Bible software. It is designed with 1 Peter 1:13 in mind, ActionBible fill a need for those who want simple, user-friendly Bible software that will help them to prepare their minds for action. Store notes for a specific verse, highlight verses, and have formatted copy (for the clipboard) and formatted printing. Quickly create study notes, link them to scriptures, search the Bible text, backup and restore.
What's new in this version: Version 1.9.1 remove square brackets indicating footnote from text when using the Copy Formatted function.
More Products to Consider
- Study 146 Bibles with references, commentaries, and maps.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Aid believers in their study and defense of the Holy Scriptures...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Put hundreds of Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, books and m...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Study Bible anytime and anywhere.
- Browse, read, and search the Bible in multiple translations.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Schedule your bible readings, prepare sermons, study the bible ...
- Browse a digital Bible.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: