CNET Editors' review
Personal finance programs are a dime a dozen these days, so the bar is set pretty high when it comes to performance. AceMoney offers tools for creating and maintaining budgets, tracking investments, and even online banking. And while it successfully let us do all of the above, we found that it lacked protection for sensitive information.
The program's interface is very businesslike, and its simple, straightforward design makes the array of options easy to understand and navigate. Large commands at the top of the window let you toggle between seven categories, including accounts, portfolio, banks, payees, and reports. Although the data is presented in an easy to understand spreadsheet format, sample entries are included. A left-hand menu changes depending on which category is selected, and options are clearly labeled. With your portfolio, for example, you can opt to download the latest stock prices, or re-invest dividends. We were able to add banking and credit card information, and schedule bill payments with no problems, and we liked the calendar-style view of money in and out for the month. We also were able to quickly and easily view cash flow and transaction reports. We found a lot to like in AceMoney's simple approach, but we couldn't help feeling vulnerable entering data because the program isn't password protected and doesn't encrypt your private data.
AceMoney includes an online tutorial if needed, although the program's Help file should answer most questions. While AceMoney worked fine, we like to have total confidence that our data is secure. We suggest you look for a financial management program that keeps your private data private.
From MechCAD Software:
AceMoney helps people organize and manage their personal finances quickly and easily. It supports all the features required for home or even small-business accounting needs: Manage multiple accounts of different types; Create and manage budgets; Track performance of investments; Do your financial math in multiple currencies; Track your spending habits and see where the money goes; Enjoy the convenience of on-line banking; Don't miss the next deadline for bills; Double check; Double check; Do e-business with AceMoney.
What's new in this version: Version 4.19 added Hide zero rows checkbox to the Report page.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Recover lost and forgotten passwords from password protected VB...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 37 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Poor Help Information"
Version: AceMoney 4.19
easy to use interface
Poor help information
Triggered my bank into thinking it was Quicken
I tried the demo. At first I liked it, but then when I tried to balance my bank account, it would not let me tell it the ending balance, which came up differently from my bank statement. Help window was useless, as was the knowledgebase at the website.
I also downloaded from my bank but unfortunately my bank thought it was Quicken and it triggered an automatic sign-up for a service that costs $10 a month with my bank; I was not given any warning by Ace Money about this.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content