CNET Editors' review
Ace Video Converter offers plenty of format support for both video and audio, lets you rip audio from video files, and download YouTube videos with ease. Even though the program offers some cool features and a long list of supported formats, the overall conversion process could be faster.
The download comes with a few junk programs tacked on, so make sure you opt out of them. The layout, even though not as intuitive as it should be, is still fairly easy to use, but no one would make the mistake of calling it beautiful. The icons are big and the main menu is easy to navigate. You can add files by using options in the main menu or by simply dragging and dropping files into the interface. On the right side pane you will find a drop-down list of all available formats for conversion. Here you can also choose the quality of the output and check for more advanced settings. It took a few tries to get things sorted out properly. Using the recommended settings Ace Video Converter gave, the program turned a 42-minute video file into a different format in around 12 minutes. With medium quality selected, the final result was choppy. When we performed the same conversion but with high quality selected, the result was satisfactory. Additionally, the program offers some cool extras such as a built-in YouTube downloader, which doubles as a multiformat video player. Downloading a three-minute long YouTube video clip went smooth and completed within a couple of minutes.
Perhaps Ace Video Converter won't be your go-to video converter if you want to change formats quickly and simply but it's worth trying out. It's free, doesn't add any watermarks, and if you take the time to set it up properly it can provide decent results.
Ace Video Converter is the powerful and easy to use video converter that combines the ability to convert between all fomats, download from YouTube, rip DVDs, extract audio and automatically switch off in to one convenient package. This software quickly converts between all video and audio formats including MP4, AVI, WMV, 3GP, FLV, MKV, MP3 and more. With Ace Video Converter, you can quickly download videos from popular video sharing website YouTube and convert them to any format such as MP3 or M4A. You can also automatically switch off your computer when videos finish converting, specify custom parameters, change the language of the software and automatically organize your converted media in to a library of folders by their format.
What's new in this version: Version 3.7 includes:
- Minor video converter interface redesigns
- Major conversion progress bug fix
- Updated presets for MP4, iPhone, iPad and iPod
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Play YouTube video files from the Web or your local folders, pl...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Convert video to BlackBerry format.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Convert MOV, QT, MP4, M4A, M4V video to other popular video for...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Convert video files between multiple formats.
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Convert videos to MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV, and OGG audio files.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert any audio/video file between multiple formats.
- Download videos from YouTube as other video sites and easily co...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Low quality program that doesn't function well"
Version: Ace Video Converter 3.7
Not that hard to use
This program is incredibly slow. It can't rip and encode DVD's unless you upgrade to pro, but then it still doesn't work because it's a terrible program. Takes forever to do anything...doesn't have a queue...doesn't do what it says it can do. Doesn't do what you tell it to do. Overall a very poorly written program that doesn't serve any function well. There are many free programs out there that are much more effective.
Stay away from this one.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content