CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
From AIDE Team:
AIDE is an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing real Android Apps directly on Android devices. AIDE supports the full edit-compile-run cycle: write code with the feature rich editor offering advanced features like code completion, real-time error checking, refactoring and smart code navigation, and run your App with a single click. AIDE will turn your Android tablet with keyboard into a real development box. We use the Transformer Prime running Ice Cream Sandwich to code with AIDE. AIDE will turn your Android Phone into a small development computer to browse and touch your code on the go.AIDE is fully compatible with Eclipse projects. You can just copy the sourcecode to your device and open the Eclipse project in AIDE to start coding. Alternatively you can keep your sourcecode on your Dropbox - AIDE integrates with Dropbox and allows to easily download from your Dropbox and sync back your changes. Follow us on Twitter: @AndroidIDEA brief summary of features...Edit-compile-run cycle:- Create a sample App with a single click- Run your App with a single click- No root access required- Incremental compilation for fast build times- Uses Eclipse .classpath project format for compatibility - Integrated LogCat viewerReal-time error checking:- Real time error analyis throughout the whole project as you type- Automatic Quick-Fixes for many errorsRefactoring:- Rename- Inline variable - Introduce variable- Extract methodCode:- Code formatter- Organize imports- Out-comment code- Create setters/getters/constructors from fieldsCode navigation:- Goto defintion - Find usages- Goto symbol- Goto classEditor:- Very fast editor even with large files- Code completion for Java and Android XML- Android online help directly from the code- Syntax highlighting for Java and XML- Unlimited Undo/Redo- Pinch zoom- Smart expand selection- Keyboard support with configurable keybindings- UI optimized for small screens to show as much code/content as possibleFilebrowser:- Built-in file manager with the most common features: Rename, delete, create file or folder- Dropbox integrationRecent changes:1.0.beta12Fixed: Regression - Dropbox error reporting1.0.beta11New: Support for Android on x86Improved: Binary files are no longer opened in editorFixed: Issues with Dropbox integrationFixed: Problems on devices without /mnt/sdcard 1.0.beta10New: Dropbox integrationNew: Search in editorImproved: JAR library handlingImproved: Open images from file browserImproved: Pushed back beta update notificationImproved: Allow moving to SDCARDFixed: Several compiler/build issuesContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: 1.0.beta12Fixed: Regression - Dropbox error reporting1.0.beta11New: Support for Android on x86Improved: Binary files are no longer opened in editorFixed: Issues with Dropbox integrationFixed: Problems on devices without /mnt/sdcard 1.0.beta10New: Dropbox integrationNew: Search in editorImproved: JAR library handlingImproved: Open images from file browserImproved: Pushed back beta update notificationImproved: Allow moving to SDCARDFixed: Several compiler/build issues
More Products to Consider
- Clean cache, unused files, privacy history and app packages on ...
- Protect your mobile device with both anti-theft and antivirus.
- Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!!.
- Explore phones and PCs over net.
- Provide one-stop solution for mobile security and performance.
- Wifi Free gives you information about all nearby WiFi spots - b...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Install apps from your SD card on Android 2.0+ phones.
- Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal re...
- Bring Window 8 Taskbar to your Android.
- Get a tool for skiers and snowboarders on your Android device.
- Get a phonebook application that with a tabbed display format.
- Helping you find the hottest deals in the UK!.
- Color Picker, numerous controls, easily customized, code freely...
- Backup all your apps, market links, and remove bloatware from y...
- Get timekeeping app for your Android device.
- A scheme interpreter for Android. Scheme is a minimalist, multi...
- Answer your call without even touching your Android phone.
- Android is an open source mobile operating system that combines...
- Read Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on Android devices.
- Command reference including ~570 Linux commands. Each command i...
- Vpn One Click protects your privacy online and unlocks all bloc...
- Get OANDA's tight spreads and forex trading advantages on your ...
- Get unit conversion tool for your Android device.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"poorest IDE ever, worse than Microsoft."
Version: AIDE - Android Java IDE 1.0.beta12
If properly implemented the concept has good potential.
Text editor: auto-indenting wastes massive screen real-estate and cannot be disabled. In a mobile environment we need to see code not empty spaces. Even after manually deleting unnecessary spaces and tabs once <return> is pressed the text editor restores the indent, this is torture!
Further the error highlighting is very, very wrong and the red waving is to big in size; it covers the text so we cannot read it.
One wastes 90% of development time with correcting text editor's problems.
IDE: The weird limitation to two java classes per project does not allow for proper testing prior to purchasing the IDE.
The compiler refuses to compile proper classes at random.
In 35+ years as professional programmer (from assembler to Fortran, Cobol, Visual Basic, PERL), never I experienced such a poor IDE.
This IDE is far away from what it claims to be: a On The Go platform for our Android smart phones.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content