CNET Editors' review
ACDSee 15 is a full-featured photo editor and manager optimized for home and business users. It shares many features and capabilities with ACD's pro photography applications, including powerful image editing tools that can handle the tasks you need as well as gigabytes of online storage space that you can use to organize and safely store tons of images. You can access your account anywhere, and from any computer or related ACD tool, by simply logging in. But ACDSee 15 is also specifically geared to make it easy to post and share your photos online, create slideshows and CDs, add special effects, and generally get more out of your photos. The fully featured ACDSee 15 is free to try for 30 days.
When you install ACDSee 15, you can choose to associate all your image files, those not currently associated with an app, or manually choose which files it will handle. Like much of ACDSee 15, you can change your choices later on. New users will need to create an account to use ACDSee 15's online storage space and other features, though users with existing ACD accounts can log right in. As with its features, ACDSee 15 bears a family resemblance to ACD Systems' other image editing apps, with variations specific to the program. An optional Quick Start Guide opened with the program. This well-illustrated tutorial describes and depicts ACDSee 15's features and settings. You can do a lot, such as adding external editors and media software like TiVo and QuickTime; or managing very large collections of images on your PC, online storage, or other network or offline location, media, or device. You can process batches; create slideshows and other presentations; email, import, export, and share images; add effects; and much more. The Help menu includes a full manual.
We were eager to try ACDSee 15's Sync Wizard. It guided us through each step of creating online copies of our images and other data. ACDSee 15 automatically synchronizes the contents of local and online folders, making sure that everything is up to date and protected from hard disk failure, theft, and other threats. For those who frequently need to upload images or share them online, ACDSee proves to be a very helpful tool.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of ACDSee 15. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
From ACD Systems:
Organize your collection by what, when or where. Edit and add jaw-dropping effects with ease. Then share your best with friends, family and the world through the ACDSee Online cloud, Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail.
ACDSee is a photo editor and manager for home or business users, with all the features you need to organize your photo collection, edit and add effects to your images, and share your photos online. Quickly find and organize your image files, get a perfect result every time with easy-to-use photo editing tools, and unleash your creativity with super-simple special effects. Then share your images through e-mail, social media, or your own personal space on ACDSee Online.com.
What's new in this version: Version 15 improves performance and adds more special effects.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Retrieve images from corrupted or formatted memory cards.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Turn your photos and other still images to vivid slideshow with...
- Convert digital photos into slideshows, DVD movies, digital col...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 219 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Very nice and easy to use"
Version: ACDSee 15 15.0.169
- Batch processing of the images!
- Sometimes hangs the computer and needs restarting (win xp)
"Bad Upgrade Policy"
Version: ACDSee 15 15.0.169
None. There are free products that do much of what this program does.
I purchased Version 14 and 15 days after I installed it, Version 15 came out. I requested a free upgrade since it had only been 15 days and they asked $19.99 for an upgrade. Customer service is via email and their automated response indicates it takes 2 to 3 days for a response.
I feel it was unethical to sell a product when a new version was less than 30 days away. Most software companies gladly provide a free upgrade in cases like this.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content