IrfanView

A newer version of IrfanView is available.

Or, Learn More About IrfanView
CNET Editors' Rating 4.0 stars

Excellent

Average User Rating stars

out of 3,535 user reviews

Back to product review

Full user review

  • 5.0 stars

    "Best quick photo-editing tool around -- and it's free"

    November 29, 2010  |   By dtutelman

    Pros

    The quickest, simplest, most natural program around to edit photos. No, it won't do everything that Photoshop will do. But it's all I need for 90% of my pictures, and it's much quicker and easier than Photoshop.

    Cons

    Still doesn't handle .MOV files properly.
    "Brightness" isn't very useful, but "Gamma" does brightness adjustment just fine.

    Summary

    I have been using IrfanView as my primary still-picture viewer AND EDITOR for about a decade now, and have no plans to change. Yes, I do have a more complex, more capable editor that I fire up for maybe 10% of my "keepers", but this is fine for the other 90%. And it is much quicker and easier to use. It also shows most movie formats (though it can't edit them). One thing I especially like is the next/previous buttons, to step through a folder of visuals. I also use the Thumbnail capability extensively when preparing a page for my web site.

    Reply to this review

    Was this review helpful? (0) (0)

Submit your reply

Submit

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our site terms of use.

cancel

Add Your Review

Log in or create an account to post a review.
You are logged in as . Please submit your review for IrfanView 4.27
Add Your Review

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our site terms of use.

E-mail this review

Submit cancel

Report offensive content

If you believe this comment is offensive or violates the CNET's Site Terms of Use, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the comment). Once reported, our staff will be notified and the comment will be reviewed.

Select type of offense:

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language
Spam: Advertisements or commercial links
Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users
Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content
Submit cancel

Error

close

ERROR MESSAGE

If you think this is an error, please contact CNET TechTracker Support for further assistance.

Ok

Running Request

close

loading

Smart Install Software

close

CNET TechTracker will now automatically install software without requiring further action by you. (Note: This feature automatically accepts associated EULAs and third party applications on your behalf.)

You have selected the following software to Smart Install:

CNET TechTracker will attempt to install this software without interrupting you again. If an application requires manual installation, CNET TechTracker will download the installer and prompt you to take further action.

Proceed with Smart Install?

Confirm Standard Install Cancel