A newer version of Billings is available.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
Full user review
"Proof that beauty is only skin deep"
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Billings looks very nice. The UI is reasonable intuitive. It's really the only app of it's type that looks and feels like a real mac app.
That's about all the good I can say about it. Some of the not so good I would say about it:
- It crashes
- On a good day, it uses 5% CPU in the background. Why?
- On most days, it eventually uses upwards of 25% CPU in the background.
- It's true that it has a highly customizable templating engine, but good luck figuring out how to use it.
- It has a fairly bizarre and useless way of tracking time in a working slip: it doesn't track "4pm to 5:30pm". Rather, it just tracks that you spent 90 minutes. It has no notion of start or end time.
- The reporting/invoicing engine has no support for totaling time spent on an invoice (despite users asking for this for literally years)
I paid $60 for this software barely six months ago. I think there was one update in that time. And apparently I've seen the last update I'm going to see without paying another $35 for 3.x. Unacceptable.
I'll limp along with it for now until I can find something better.