Toolwiz Time Freeze
Full user review
"OUTSTANDING PC PROTECTION & FREE"
1. Works perfectly in W7 Pro SP1 x64 and XP Pro SP3 x32.
2. Provides protection while surfing the Internet.
3. Safeguards against bad software (see Summary for explanation).
4. Extremely Easy to Use.
Doesn't work for software installations requiring reboot (see explanation).
TimeFreeze creates a temporary 'sandbox' or virtual environment in which all changes to your PC are eradicated upon termination of the virtual environment. Does that sound too geeky? Well, my grandma uses TimeFreeze without any difficulty...and she is far from a tech guru.
What are the advantages of TimeFreeze?
1. Surf the Internet with an extra layer of powerful protection. Any malware picked up while surfing the Internet is contained within TimeFreeze's virtual environment...and can't affect your 'real' system. Upon deletion of the virtual environment, the malware is deleted. (Does TimeFreeze offer total virus protection? NO, it is strong layer of protection in addition to your active anti-virus program.)
2. Safely test new software. Install new software while in the TimeFreeze virtual environment. If the software performs badly, delete the virtual environment...and new software disappears as if it had been never installed...reversing any harmfull effects of a bad software installation. IS IT FOOLPROOF? Won't work if new software requires restarting PC after that software is installed. Also, MSFT Office programs and Adobe software should not be installed in a TimeFreeze virtual environment.