A newer version of Google Drive is available.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
Full user review
"Perfect for Anyone in the Google Ecosystem"
- Integration with other Google Services
- Multiple File Type Support
- Easy Set Up and Interface
- 5gb free storage rather then 2gb with Dropbox
- Only 5gb as opposed to 7gb with Skydrive
- Does not integrate with Microsoft Office application, especially important with OneNote (although this is not the fault of Google)
- Strange Bug during Re-installation
I initially installed Google Drive as a replacement for Dropbox. It offers all the same features, and integrates well with Google Chrome, Android, and my many other Google services. It also offers 5gb of free storage as opposed to Dropbox which only offers 2gb. I eventually uninstalled the program after deciding to switch to Skydrive, which integrates well with OneNote, allowing me to access my notes on my mobile phone. After realizing Skydrives poor integration with Android, I decided to reinstall Drive, only to encounter a strange bug in which the Program could not find a file to store my data in. I have also kept skydrive on my computer, mostly because Drive cannot sync with Microsoft Office.