The embattled Sharp has entered into an agreement with state-run company China Electronics to form a joint venture focused on building LCDs.
Sharp's board of directors announced on Thursday (PDF) that they've formed a joint venture that will be known as Nanjing CEC-Panda LCD Technology, with China Electronics. That company, better known as CEC, will own 92 percent of the joint venture, leaving Sharp with 8 percent ownership.
According to Sharp, the newly formed company will start construction on an LCD production plant in August, and expects to start delivering panels in June 2015. It will focus its … Read more