From 4Media Software Studio:
4Media DVD Ripper Ultimate for Mac offers the best way to rip any DVD to AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, DivX, H.264/AVC, MOV, 3GP, etc. videos and MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, M4A audios with High-Definition video support, which enable you watch DVD on your portable devices, such iPod, iPhone, PSP, and so on. Also, it assists you to capture movie scenes as static pictures. Key Features: 1. Merge several titles/chapters into a whole one and insert transitional effects to output a single video file. 2. Clip the title/chapter before ripping and then output the reserved parts as a whole one or respectively. 3. By setting split size or time length, you can averagely divide large title into several parts. 4. Freely crop movie area size to cut off the border or video mark you dislike. 5. Adjust video brightness, saturation and contrast, and add artistic effects. 6. Add text or picture watermarks to sign the movie. 7. Add soundtrack to the outputted movie. 8. Preview the original video, customized video and clipped video segment; and compare the original and customized videos to check the video effects you applied. 9. Add more than one output formats on one source file to get target files in different formats from the same file. 10. Provide many output formats for your choice and classify them by device type. You can find the right format for you in a glance. 11. Bitrate Calculator customizes file size - You can specify the output file size you want in the Bitrate Calculator. 12. Allows you to rip and transfer the DVD movie to iPod, iPhone and PSP directly. 13. The default settings bring you swift conversion. And you can further change video and audio parameter settings to fulfill your special need. 14. Provides a built-in resizable player. 15. Available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Chinese interface languages.
What's new in this version: Added video profiles supported by the newest iPhone 4.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Create and convert video to DVD with quality.
- Burn, copy, write and erase your DVD / CD.
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Burn audio and data CDs, video DVDs, and Blu-ray data discs.
- Burn all popular video and audio files to DVD disc, DVD folder,...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Convert AVI, MKV, DivX, and XviD files to DVD format.
- Write prepared DVD videos, files, folders to a DVD.
- Mount ISO, make bootable ISO images, burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray ...
- Create DVD video disks.
- Create DVD discs out of video files.
- Burn audio, video, and data to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 62 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Another East European generic KNOCKOFF"
Version: 4Media DVD Ripper Ultimate 6.0.5.0624
Occasionally these knockoffs will plow right through vids that the more 'respectable' freeware, shareware and commercial apps choke on, but usually NOT.
They are NOT REAL COMPANIES, so they offer NO SUPPORT.
Some code monkey with decent skills but the morals of an Enron executive ? probably a Russian or Ukrainian with an American postgrad education ? designed a flexible, modular and skinable video and audio ripping/transcoding/joining/muxing/demuxing engine and sold it to a whole bunch of other Eastern Eurotrash, instructing each to come up with a new company name, build an e-commerce website, and screw around with the skin design until it was distinct from the others, who were all doing the same thing. Of course, if you put a couple of these 'companies' apps side-by-side and add up all the instances of poor English grammar, spelling and usage in their GUIs, the scam becomes painfully obvious. Now, that same transcoder is sold on the Internet on a download-only basis under many, many different scam company names, none of which lists a real physical address anywhere, and all of which have quite stupid names: Aisee-Soft, AimerSoft, BigaSoft, Wondershare, iSkySoft, ImTOOsoft, Xilisoft, PavTube, iWinSoft, It'sAlwaysSoft, UncreativeFormerCommunistSoft, etc., etc. (OK, I made up those last two).
This scam must be making a metric ton of money because the coder who started it all still releases updates every few months, some of which really do improve or expand the capabilities of the apps. And, s/he still develops and releases new scam apps whenever a market develops around a new technology or device, such as those released a month or so after the iPad hit the streets and those that handle high definition video or camcorders. However, only a few of these 'companies' offer those updates to current owners because, it seems, most want to get out of the 'business' while the gettin's good. Moreover, several people have had recent titles that the more respectable freeware, shareware or commercial apps simply could not handle, but one of the knockoffs could! And though I know of several folks who had that same experience, on average these apps were just too unstable or produced such low quality results that there really isn't any place for them in most people's video armory. But, until people realize that these companies only exist in the ether and therefore do not support their wares, Boris et al. are making a killing!
I discourage everyone from buying these tainted goods (especially when they can be obtained for free on most warez sites!). But strictly as an exercise, it's interesting to Google a few of the company names above, then download and compare their trial apps ? as long as you DL similarly named apps, you won't be comparing apples to oranges.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content