CNET Editors' review
Enter the high-stakes world of poker with 3C's Texas Holdem Poker. With a simple layout and challenging options, this is a great tool for learning and perfecting your poker game.
This program impressed us with its flexibility, offering great options for experts and casual poker players alike. The interface resembles a poker table, with a comfortable and familiar layout. All commands were simple to control. We were able to easily select our bets, call, hold, and fold our hands during a game. The program's built-in opponents were intelligent but not impossible to compete with. There was nothing spectacular about the play, but at the same time, nothing bothered us: this was simply a solid poker simulation. The program's special features helped keep things challenging by giving us control over our opponent's aggressiveness, blinds, and pot limits. Our favorite aspect may have been its ability to organize up to 10 different kinds of poker tournaments that vary in options like the amount of opponents and rules. This feature helps ensure that the program will remain interesting and challenging for a long time. Texas Holdem also offers a handy Rules of Poker and Poker Hands display within the Help file.
Texas Holdem Poker's trial limitation disables the random card-dealing feature. It comes as a compressed file, installs desktop icons without permission, and leaves folders after uninstalling. We loved this program's ability to provide many options that allow newcomers and fanatics alike to enjoy a challenging game, and we recommend it.
Play most popular poker game called Texas Holdem (Limit, Pot Limit, and No Limit). With this nifty thing, you can get the feeling of a legendary Las Vegas gambler and try your luck right on your desktop. The game is charged with pretty pictures and has stylish look, which would make you want to play more.
What's new in this version: Version 7.1 has stronger computer players and tournaments mode.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very Busy - Only Basic Features"
Version: 3C Texas Holdem Poker 7.1
About the only pro I can find is that it runs without crashing.
Table is too busy, play is "jerky" no matter what the speed setting, the play is, well, boring, no real control of the play, can't reveal hands, turn on tips, set type of play per player, randomize player per match.
Not sure who this is for, the play is too weak for good players, and no help or learning tools for new players, and the board is a mess. For an very unremarkable game of poker this might be a good choice, did I mention it does not crash...
Frankly I can'y see what is so great about this at all, too easy to beat.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content