CNET Editors' reviewDespite some design flaws, this dart-simulation game makes a good tool for strengthening hand-eye-coordination skills. 3-in-a-bed lets you play several variations of dart games, including 301, 501, and 1001. As in other dart-simulation programs, this one gives you a first-person view of the dartboard from the oche. Unfortunately, the board is much smaller than it should be, and the numbers are tough to read, which makes correctly aiming your dart an even more daunting task than it is by default. It takes a while to get the hang of tossing darts by clicking the mouse, meaning that it's initially tough to beat the computerized opponents, even on the easy difficulty setting. The sound effects are realistic enough, although we detected some subtle distortion in the announcer's voice. 3-in-a-bed offers both exhibition and tournament modes, and you can play against a friend if the computerized challengers don't suit you. The program tracks your progress by keeping stats, and inveterate loafers will appreciate the Boss key, which quickly minimizes the game to your taskbar as a Notepad document. Although some competing games are more polished, folks looking to play the occasional game or virtual darts might as well give this one a shot.
From Gary Simpson:
3-in-a-bed is a computer darts game, which can be played on most Windows operating systems. You can play exhibition matches against a friend or the computer, or select career mode, in which you play in realistic ranking events around the world. The game also has cricket, network play, and scores on a real board.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- See what codecs video files use.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Construct home movies from captured digital video on your Windo...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Free shooter game.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Construct seven words from the letters provided.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Game WAS good, shame about the company support."
Version: 3-in-a-bed 5.2
As the one line states as a game it is is/can be a lot of fun, and a great learning tool.
The people who make this game, CANNOT be contacted. On the official website, there is as you would expect a "contact us" link. Unfortunately, once you click, you get a nice little page saying that the domain has expired. They have taken down their forum, as well.
STAY AWAY from this game, or if something goes wrong you will NEVER get it fixed, or even a reply.