CNET Editors' review
Slide shows are a great way to display your digital photos, and there are numerous programs that help you create them. 10. Slide Show is a simple program that lets users create custom slideshows with just a few clicks. It's nothing fancy, but it's a good choice if you need a way to display your images without a lot of fuss.
10. Slide Show opens with a simple interface containing four buttons: Slide Show from Folder, Make Slide Show File, Open Slide Show File, and About. We started with the first option, which was pretty straightforward; we selected a folder full of images, set the delay between images, chose a background color, and selected a song we wanted to play during the slideshow. We were also able to specify whether we wanted the images to shuffle or loop. Once we had the slideshow set up the way we wanted it, we clicked Run Slide Show, and the show played without problems. The Make Slide Show File option worked similarly, but it allowed us to add image files to the show one at a time and then save the whole show as a SLI file. 10. Slide Show doesn't come with any documentation aside from a list of hotkeys, but that's not a problem; most users will probably be able to figure the program out pretty easily. Overall, 10. Slide Show is not a particularly sophisticated program, but it's a great choice if you want to quickly create custom slideshows without a lot of hassle.
10. Slide Show installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Tinnes Software:
10. Slide Show is a program designed to display a series of images one after another. These images can be in a variety of formats including Bmp, Gif and Jpeg. You can either create a slide show file before hand or you can browse to a folder. If you select a folder then every compatible image will be displayed. Whichever method you use to create your show you can set the delay between images, the background colour, music, shuffle and loop. You can also choose to stretch each image to fill the screen whilst keeping the aspect ratio. When the show is running you can use hotkeys to skip back or forward a frame, pause, delete or quit.
What's new in this version: Version 0.51b:
- You can now cancel when searching sub folders
- Escape now closes every window
- Make it non-full screen by using the "F" key
- Use the "S" key to Slide Show from the folder that the current image is located in
- The Mouse Wheel can now be used to skip forward and back through images
- Updated installer
More Products to Consider
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Display all images as a slide show, generate executable file, W...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Protect your personal files and data from theft.
- Create your own slide shows from pictures and sounds on your co...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Convert photo collection to SWF Flash slideshow with templates.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Create web albums & share them on the net.
- Create thumbnail images and image galleries.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Create morphing images and animation sequences from digital pho...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: